As I said previously, I originally made up OpenBook for my personnal weblog lyxia.org. But after receiving a few compliments aboout it, I decided to offer it to everyone, for free.
This version is 2.2 and it is the first to be translated in English. Don’t worry, any future version will be available in English too
OpenBook offers many features, so here’s a quick list:
- Magazine-style homepage, including 2 columns and SmoothGallery for your featured posts.
- 100% Gravatar compatible.
- 3 availables custom fields to insert images on the homepage featured gallery, on homepage posts and categories posts.
- Magazine-style dropdown-menu for your categories.
- Not manual editing of files required. OpenBook have a special tab in wordpress admin panel where you can set up the options for the theme, including featured posts, featured category, blog logo, number of posts to display on the gallery, categories to display on the blog homepage…
- Integrated IE6 killer. If checked, IE6 will litterally crash.
- Compatible with Firefox 2, Firefox 3 beta, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 7 and 6.
- Widget-ready sidebar
- SEO-friendly titles
- 3 page templates: normal, Links and Archives
- Compatible with WordPress 2.3 to 2.5.1
OpenBook live demo and Download
You can download Openbook v3.0 here. If you want to see how it looks, just have a look at lyxia.org. OpenBook 3.0 is compatible with WordPress 3.X, support sidebar widgets and WP 3.0 menu system.
I just ask you one thing, if you use the theme, please leave the backlink in the footer. Thanks in advance!
I had a few support request from people who doesn’t know how they can retrieve a particular category id, I guess this tutorial will help
Feel free to comment, or request support, I’ll try to help you as much as I can