If you’ve always dreamed of selling your ebooks or your band’s mp3s online, and already have a WordPress blog, eShop is the plugin you need.
Here some of its features:
- 1 product per page
- Products entered via page editing
- Products can have multiple options
- Upload downloadable products
- Basic Statistics
- 3 methods for calculating shipping charges, plus various zone settings via Country or US State
- Parent pages can list random products, featured products, or sub product pages (just like categories with posts)
- Admin has access to an Order handling section
- Automatic emails on successful purchase, with option to send one from the admin order handling section.
- User configurable email templates.
- Configurable Out of Stock message.
- Basic Stock Control
- Google Base Data creation
Interesting, isn’t it?
Nothing complicated: you just need to download the plugin and upload it to your wp-content/plugins directory. Then, activate the eShop plugin and you’ll have the joy of seeing a new tab appearing in your WordPress admin.
In this tab, you will find everything needed to create and manage your products, access your stats, and define shipping price as well as geographical areasâ€¦ Good news, the novice will be pleasantly surprised to find a About section, explaining how the plugin works.
eShop VS wp-eCommerce
Some months ago, I already talked about a similar plugin on Hack WordPress , Wp-eCommerce.
Comparating Wp-eCommerce and eShop is not easy, as both are two high quality products, offering the same basic functions and some more interesting features (such as WP-eCommerce widgets).
If I must make a choice, I’ll choose eShop that I find a bit more easier. But I can’t say that eShop is better than wp-eCommerce.
No, try them both, test them, and make your own choice.